Ecoworks Studio is seeking a dynamic, self-driven Energy Modeler to provide reviews of energy modeling and energy related documentation for the evaluation of projects pursuing LEED certification, as well as to support our green building consulting work. The ideal candidate should have a mechanical engineering background and an understanding of the integrated, high performance design and construction process. They should demonstrate an ability to effectively understand the optimization of architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems to realize cost effective, high performance design. In addition, the candidate should be familiar with LEED and ASHRAE standards, including ASHRAE Standards 90.1, 62.1 and 55.
The primary location of this position is in Atlanta, GA with teleworking flexibility, but will consider a full-time remote telework position for the right candidate.
- Review project documentation for prerequisites and credits of energy-related systems / sustainable design / LEED, including energy modeling inputs and outputs, LEED templates and forms, calculations, specifications, and architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings for compliance with LEED requirements
- Apply various LEED rating systems, including templates and documentation requirements, to the review of documentation and preparation of documentation
- Provide written comments and reports
- Provide energy modeling in eQUEST or similar programs (Energy Plus, TRANE Trace, etc.) to help clients optimize building design for energy performance
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 1 – 2 years experience
- Experience with at least 3 energy models
- Direct experience using energy modeling programs for commercial buildings (eQuest, EnergyPro, Trace, HAP, Visual DOE, etc.) and understanding of their input and output summary documentation
- Technical understanding of the building envelope, HVAC, and lighting
- Ability to read, understand and interpret architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1, 62.1 and 55
- Familiarity with “Green Building” practices, policies, technologies, etc.
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines with the capacity to work well independently and as a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and LEED Online
- Proficient with MS Excel and other software to analyze and report data
Additional desired skills/experience:
- LEED Accredited Professional
- BEMP or BESA certification
To apply for any position with Ecoworks Studio, please submit a resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org